Monday, June 18, 2018

Purging

Relentless whispering spirit blows strangely after me.
Wandering like a plum moon--deep summer sky
He comes as gold breath...shadowy storm
Will time tell why dreams secrets celebrate
Soft evening. Perfect morning
Are you my spring? Universe? Sun?
Ever felt this sleepy song?

i wrote this a million years ago while hanging out with a bestie in her apt in Lexington (i think) she had those little magnetic words where you make nonsense out of it. we were in college, the world was at our feet and we were so completely clueless about the real world. Being naive is a fantastic thing! That poem was happy and wistful. Full of hope and dreams and romantic. All of the things i was all those many years ago.

Now, I have encased myself so securely in a shell of numbness. With mindless tv, alcohol, and superficial answers and thoughts--I don't really recognize myself some days. The girl who wrote that poem died a long time ago and I am still trying to resuscitate her. I find glimpses of her sometimes. Staring at me with disdain, shaking her head at me as i flail and drown in despair. She doesn't offer help. She just looks at me with eyes full of loathing disgust. That is about the only thing that cuts through the numbness and pierces to my very soul.

I went to St. Louis to visit my best friend and reconnected with a few other friends. Impromptu girls weekend. (when impromptu means a couple weeks of planning because we are all adults) Tons of fun was had. During the weekend, HE came up. Everyone has an opinion of the relationship, how it happened, how it ended and him as a person. But everyone has an asshole to so there you go. What they can't understand is i still hear his voice--I still know what his laugh sounds like. I remember his touch and how he smelled. It has been years. I haven't been able to move on. I haven't wanted a rebound or a boyfriend. I am not ready to let go of him. I don't know how to let go of him. It is becoming relevant because i am so stagnate right now.

i quit after him.

i quit living. i quit enjoying life. i let him break me. I let my life spiral out of control.

And its worse because there was no closure--without any answers

What i felt and what i know we had was real. Deep to the soul real. And then it wasn't. Therein where my brain cant reconcile with my heart. That is where the struggle is.

How do you love someone so hard, so long, convince them to stay countless times to only pull the rug out from under their feel and leave them on their ass to get up on their own. How does that work? I just have so many questions and my nature doesn't do well without answers.

But, being stagnate isn't fun...i miss fun. I miss laughing til my stomach hurts just because life isn't that serious. I am ready to get over the fact that I will never have answers. And maybe that just has to be ok. But then...she is looking at me...my inner self and she worries desperately that if I let go. Truly let go, find my closure within myself...i will run into him one day. And the mountain of unanswered questions and feelings will tumble like an avalanche down around me. So it begs the question...do i hold on just a little bit so when i eventually run into him (because i know it will happen--they ALL come back on some level--ALWAYS) that i don't fall completely apart or do i just let it all go. Live my best life while pushing him completely out of my mind and pray that when the gut punch comes...i can take it.

I have been punched before...I think I will take the risk. I am stronger now. I am tired of the case i am in. And i am damn sure tired of the feeling of abhorrent despair and pity when she looks at me.

1 comment:

  1. See there we go... she’s back, back on the saddle. I’m glad!!

    ReplyDelete

Purging

Relentless whispering spirit blows strangely after me. Wandering like a plum moon--deep summer sky He comes as gold breath...shadowy storm...