Wednesday, October 26, 2011

On the brink

So have you ever just felt so on edge that you think the slightest thing will push you over. But, over the edge into something good. Sometimes being on the brink doesn't mean that you are about to plunge to you death...but maybe plunge into a new and exciting experience. Life is strange for me right now. By my choice I am living with a gf of mine so we both can save some money. It is going well other than the fact I HATE not having my own space. I resigned from my job yesterday after much thought and diliberation. (well actually as I am editing this it was really last week) But I am 32 a single mother, in a semi-serious relationship and just feel like my life is upside down right now. I have more time on my hands than I ever thought I could want...and other than some slight cabin fever (i should be out in this beautiful weather getting inspired to write more) I am enjoying just spending some time sitting still. Taking my time to really think about what makes me happy. I am still so scattered (that has been a common theme lately hasn't it) I am hoping that as time goes on and my blog continues on that I will begin saying more substantial stuff...put some meaning behind it. Right now there is a method to my madness...I have my relationship, life lesson kind of blog~"That's all I have to say about that" (daniyelsblog2.blogspot.com) and I also have one dealing with being a parent called "The Sunny Side of Motherhood--that can be found at danibelle1920.wordpress.com So Random Thoughts continues to just be that...random thoughts. So who knows...they say you never know just how you may touch someone or inspire or encourage someone. So maybe all of these earlier posts will be happened upon by another young and lost soul and help them to find their way in this crazy thing called life.

In other news, I am now feeling like I have so much to write about and so much to share...talent, energy and passion with kids that I think I will never have enough time to finish it all. Tavis Smiley quoted Cornell West in his book Fail Up by saying that no matter how old we live to be...we all leave things unfinished. He says, "There are going to be ideas you will never develop, projects you will never complete, conversations you will never have, people you will never met, places you will never go, relationships you will never establish, forgiveness you will never receive, and books and speeches you will never write or deliver. We all die incomplete." He said all of that to say that it becomes the question of, "How good is your failure?"

So today I ask you...when you wake up tomorrow what are you not going to fail at? How well will you fail tomorrow? Don't take that as a mantra to be lazy and not achieve at all for if you know anything about the great men that Tavis Smiley and Dr. Cornell West are...that is far from how they have lived their life. So it goes back to what we have talked about before...pick your path...and get started. When you come to a fork in the road and you don't like the one you are on...go another way. But always keep moving and that is all i have to say about that...

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Purging

Relentless whispering spirit blows strangely after me. Wandering like a plum moon--deep summer sky He comes as gold breath...shadowy storm...