Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Ya-Ya Sisterhood

So I am sitting on the couch watching the Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood for like the umpteenth time. I have serious cat allergies and my roommate has 3 of them, so I have taken a ton of benedryl but it is seeming to have the opposite effect of sleepiness on me. So, anyway, my point is I am wide awake watching this movie and thinking about the first time I saw this movie. My group of friends and I went to a small movie theatre to see it and related so well (and so loudly) that we about got put out of the theatre. That was in 2002 and man did we identify with this movie. I am wishing I could tell our story like this movie tells theirs. A story of life long friendship and love, one of disappointments and triumphs. Life lost and mourned, life that was born and celebrated. It would be a novel of epic proprotions full of humore and tears and lots and lots of alcohol. A true bond of friendship like so many never get to experience. I think i will dedicate one blog entry to each of the yaya's and see what is birthed that way. Can't hurt can it? Gotta start somewhere right?

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Purging

Relentless whispering spirit blows strangely after me. Wandering like a plum moon--deep summer sky He comes as gold breath...shadowy storm...